Programme 2 – Service Delivery
This programme aims to ensure that all councils procuring waste commodities or services have access to guidance and advice and have access to resources to ensure delivery of efficient and good practice contracts and services.
What did we set out to achieve?
- The formation of at least four multi-authority partnerships in the south east delivering £11m efficiency savings
- The development of at least one Joint Waste Authority (JWA)
- A 10% saving in procurement costs by any waste collection authorities (WCAs) when letting a new contract
- £4m savings by implementing more efficient waste collection methods
What have we achieved so far?
- South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse councils signed a single contract for the collection of waste and recycling, saving £75,000 in procurement costs
- Development of DSO Healthchecks – identifying opportunities to streamline processes and make significant savings in how a waste collection service is managed
How can your council benefit?
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org