The Best Deals Service
The service is an essential information sharing tool for local authorities across the south east helping them to become more aware of existing contractual opportunities when deciding on how best to use their resources. Ultimately the Best Deals Service enables local authorities to make potential cashable and non-cashable savings in terms of time and money.
What did we set out to achieve?
- To identify and make available procurements that meet regional needs
- Provide greater communication of the value for money opportunities
- Help identify framework contracts and procurement opportunities outside the south east that local authorities across the South East may utilize
- Provide resources to help local authorities get better value for money when procuring goods and services
What have we achieved so far?
- Completion of 26 deal evaluations, Best Deals refreshes and opportunity assessments on various commodities and services
- Savings for the region in excess of £3m; and for this financial year in excess of £1m
- A comprehensive report on the Analysis of Waste Related Commodities.
- The development of the Memorandum of Understanding between Kent Commercial Services (Central Buying Consortia)
How can your council benefit?
The Best Deals Service will be looking to review several areas over the next 12 months. Below is a list of areas to be investigated:
- Printing Services
- Vehicle Maintenance
- ICT Software
- Business Travel/ Accommodation
- Office Supplies
- Plant Hire
If you would like to know more about the Best Deals Service or be involved in any of the evaluations please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Best Deals Evaluation Reports:
Quality Mark Panel:
Workshops, Guidance and Opportunities: